Monday, September 24, 2012

DIY: Apple Candles


Now that autumn is in full session (the first day was September 22nd!), I'm ready to bust out my sweaters, scarves, boots and other fall-esque clothing items.  But lets not forget about one of the best things about fall--apples!  YUM.  During the autumn, I always find myself going to cider mills and stocking up on apple cider, caramel apples and cider donuts.  Because I can't constantly be going to cider mills and taking in the sweet smell of apples, I found a way to take the cider mill home with me: APPLE CANDLES.  This cute idea is something I'm looking forward to making lots of this season and embracing one of my favorite seasons. 

What You Need:

  • Ripe Apple
  • Tealight Candle (preferably without metal edges so it looks more natural)
Steps:
  1. Find a ripe apple and stand it up so it doesn't or roll around when it is sitting.
  2. Hollow out a hole just big enough for the tealight candle. The hole doesn't need to be where the stem of the apple is located.  It should wherever the top of the apple is when it is sitting up and not moving around.
  3. Place the tealight candle in the hole and light the candle.  Now you're all set to decorate your home in a fall fashion!
xoxo Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment