Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Favorites: Oxford Shirts



There are a few things that never grow old.  One of them happens to be oxford shirts.  Growing up, I hated them.  I went to a school that required a uniform, so 12 years of oxford shirts forced me to never wear them without a uniform.  But when I reached college, I found that I missed the timeless oxford shirt!  The softness of the fabric and pastel colors were calling my name.  So, I started buying oxford shirts and wearing them again!  But this time, I didn't have to match them with a plaid uniform skirt.  I usually pair my oxfords with a pair of dark-wash jeans, white jeans, jean shorts or leggings.  My mom actually wears her oxford shirts unbuttoned, with a different colored tank top underneath them.  Her favorite is a pastel colored yellow tank top with a white oxford.

My favorite oxfords are the extra-soft cotton ones.  I'm not a big fan of the slippery feeling dress shirts that many people wear.  They feel cold and are uncomfortable.  My two favorite oxford shirts are from Hollister and Vineyard Vines.  They literally feel like I just wrapped flannel pajamas around my body.  My favorite colored oxfords are the pastel ones.  I'm not a huge fan of the plaid.  So, mint green, pastel pink and baby blue, here I come!

 Solid Pink Oxford Shirt - Vineyard Vines, $80
(It comes in 3 colors!  Also check out the striped version.)


White Oxford Shirt - Hollister, $39.50

xoxo Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment