Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: Kusmi Tea


While I was visiting the East Coast last week, my friend, her family and I went to New York City to spend time with her grandparents and, of course, to see the city!  My friend and I had a beautiful Sunday in the city, complete with horse-drawn carriage rides around Central Park, the Central Park carousel, seeing Sister Act on Broadway and shopping!  Because we both absolutely adore Home Alone 2, we decided that we must go and see the Plaza Hotel.  So we strolled up through the magnificent lobby and down into the Shops at the Plaza.  Many people don't know about the shops, but it's like a food court...for shoppers of Louis Vuitton.  All the food looks like it's straight out of a gourmet food show, and the prices are pretty reasonable.  In addition, there's a series of unique boutique shops that surround the food area.  One of the shops I stopped at is called Kusmi Tea.  My mom loves tea so I decided on getting her some tea from there.  Therefore, I was able to test out lots of different teas and know which ones are the best!

I ended up buying a box of St. Petersburg black tea.  The tea bags are really fancy and unlike regular tea bags.  The tea leaves are inside of a fabric, netted bag and is attached to netted string.  So even though the box was not very expensive (only $13.49 for 20 bags!), it looked like it could have been pretty expensive.  Plus, Kusmi Tea has been around since 1867, so they really know what they're doing!  According to the Kusmi Tea website, the St. Petersburg tea is described as being infused with citrus fruits, red fruits, and caramel--which is definitely true!!  It has a sweet, citrus flavor but the caramel is definitely there too.  It tastes delicious.  In fact, I'm drinking it right now!  Some other ones that I enjoyed are Smoky Earl Grey, Prince Vladimir, Russian Morning and Earl Grey Polish Blend.  These are all black teas, but there are obviously other options of green tea, detox tea and much more!  Their teas can also be bought on their website, so I know I'll be buying more tea very soon!


xoxo Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment