Thursday, August 30, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Laguna Beach & The Hills

Back in Middle School, when I was still shopping at Hollister and Abercrombie, appeared a new show that changed my views of reality TV forever.  It was a brisk Tuesday evening when MTV first introduced me to Lauren Conrad (LC) and Kristin Cavallari, and I knew it was love at first sight.  Laguna Beach showed me a world where teenagers only go to the beach, shop and vacation in Cabo for Spring Break.  Though my high school years weren't exactly the same, Laguna Beach gave me hope that if I ever moved out to California, my life might also be as relaxed and carefree.  Don't get me wrong--there was plenty of drama go to around, though it mainly only centered around LC and Kristin fighting over Stephen. 
But the drama didn't stop in Orange County.  It seeped its way into Los Angeles, where The Hills introduced the world to a new Lauren Conrad...one who was attending fashion school, interning my dream internship at Teen Vogue, partying with her friends and not being able to decide between Jason or Brody (GO BRODY!!).  My friends and I always loved comparing our lives to The Hills and we would try to see whose personality was matched up with which girl in The Hills.  I was apparently like Lo Bosworth, which I'm totally okay with because she was the fun, bubbly friend.  However, I've always loved Whitney and Audrina and thought I had some of their personality traits!  And our comparisons didn't stop there.  This show gave us some of the best friendship and guy advice ever.  Literally every episode is quotable.  I don't think I could write a review without mentioning Speidi, but I've never, ever been a Heidi fan.  However, I always did feel a little bad for her and that she chose to be with Spencer over being friends with LC.  Also, I'd like to point out that The Hills officially ended with Season 5 because The Hills without LC isn't The Hills


I love Laguna Beach and The Hills, and these shows will never grow old.  They're part of the reason that my dream location to live in is Los Angeles, and I still daydream about living the lives of the girls from these shows.  You know it's going to be a good day when you get to watch Laguna Beach or The Hills!

xoxo Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment